Donald Trump has said he will no longer give evidence at his New York civil fraud trial.
The former US president had been expected to return to the witness stand on Monday.
He was due to be the last big defence witness in the case, which threatens his real estate empire.
Posting on social media, Trump said he “VERY SUCCESSFULLY & CONCLUSIVELY” testified last month and saw no need to appear again.
In the posts, written in capital letters, he said he had “nothing more to say”.
He went on to repeat his claim that the case was a “witch hunt” aimed at hindering his bid to retake the White House.
Trump is accused of inflating his net worth to secure loans and insurance policies on more favourable terms. He denies any wrongdoing.
The former president took to the stand on 6 November where he repeatedly sparred with the judge who he described as “extremely hostile”.
Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player
Trump’s ‘political rally’ from court
His defence lawyers had been due to lead questioning on Monday, although state lawyers could have cross-examined him.
Trump is the current frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination ahead of next year’s election.
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.
Please refresh the page for the fullest version.
Written by: Newsroom