A 16-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy have been arrested on suspicion of murder over the death of 16-year-old Harry Pitman on New Year’s Eve.
Harry had been with friends near the viewing platform on Primrose Hill to watch the New Year fireworks before he was stabbed to death.
The Metropolitan Police said shortly before 11.40pm he had been involved in a “fight with another male” that ended with “the stab wound that took his life”.
This content is provided by Datawrapper, which may be using cookies and other technologies.
You can use the buttons below to amend your preferences to enable Datawrapper cookies or to allow those cookies just once.
You can change your settings at any time via the Privacy Options.
Unfortunately we have been unable to verify if you have consented to Datawrapper cookies.
To view this content you can use the button below to allow Datawrapper cookies for this session only.
A 15-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder on Tuesday, while an 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of affray.
A 16-year-old boy who was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder has been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Scotland Yard said the two boys arrested remain in custody after attending a west London police station on Thursday.
Detective Chief Inspector Geoff Grogan, who is leading the investigation, said: “This is a fast-paced investigation, and my team is working around the clock to identify those responsible.
“This is clearly a significant development, and we are keeping Harry’s family informed.”
DCI Grogan added: “Our enquiries so far have established that there was no racial or gang element to this incident, it appears to have been a spontaneous fight between two people who didn’t know each other, that quickly escalated to extreme violence.”
Written by: Newsroom