News

Police release man arrested over east London crossbow attacks

todayMarch 19, 2024 2

Background
share close
Police release man arrested over east London crossbow attacks

A man arrested in connection with two east London crossbow attacks has now been released, police say.

The 47-year-old was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of murder, but police confirmed on Tuesday that he had been released while they continue to investigate the case.

Two people were attacked earlier this month. The first was a 44-year-old woman who was hit in the head while crossing the road by Clifton House in Shoreditch on the evening of 4 March.

The second incident took place on the evening of 14 March, near Arnold Circus, roughly 200m from the first attack, when a 20-year-old man was struck in the neck.

Both victims have been released from hospital, police said on Tuesday.

Detective Chief Superintendent James Conway, who is responsible for policing in Hackney and Tower Hamlets, said the force had been examining CCTV, intelligence and forensic evidence.

Read more from Sky News:
XL bully shot and killed by police after injuring four people in Battersea
Nicholas Hawkes, 39, becomes first in England to be jailed for cyber flashing

“This remains a complex and ongoing policing operation, and the community will continue to see an enhanced police presence in the area,” he said.

“I’d like to thank local people for their valuable support and would urge anyone still yet to talk to police to do so as soon as possible.”

Written by: Newsroom

Rate it

Post comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


0%